API Scroll Pos

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/API Scroll Pos

Tyler(Posted 2006) [#1]
Does anyone know how I can get the scroll position for an HTML view in my B+ app? Or if I can do that with the API GetScrollPos command, I'm not sure how to use it properly. I'm trying to allow users to scroll up on my chat application, and doing so would stop the jump to the bottom of the chat everytime anything new comes through.

Also, if anyone knows how to get values from the HTML page into Blitz+ that would be awesome too. Since HTMLViewRun doesn't seem to have any kind of return value, running scripts that collect page info (like page height and scroll position) don't work so well :( Thanks.

Tyler(Posted 2006) [#2]
I've tried several ways to get around this and none are conventional, nor successful, and they include all-html/javascript solutions involving the current page offset and client heights, etc.

Also tried redirecting the page on unload to include the yoffset in the URL, then retrieving that data in blitz, but that does me no good because I can't figure out how to use it to limit the scrolling process. Any help would be great.