Blitz games on MSN Zone

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Blitz games on MSN Zone

siread(Posted 2006) [#1]
Has anyone made a blitz game that features on Microsoft's MSN gaming zone? They use an API which requires the game to run in a browser using either ActiveX or Flash. They have a little app called Pachinko which allows you to test your game as if it is being hosted on the MSN Gaming Zone.

I've successfully used Ancientsoft's OSAKIT to get a game running in a browser via ActiveX:
http://www.newstarsoccer.com/nsswc.html
but the Microsoft API doesn't seem to like it all. The problem might be not being able to call the API javascript functions which you need to do at certain points in the code (SeesionStarted(), GameStarted() etc).

Is it even possible to run a javascript function from within a blitz app? I tried creating a local html file with the js function in it then using HtmlView to open that page. I also tried calling the function like so:
HtmlViewGo htmlview,"javascript:SessionStarted();"
but the program won't even run in Pachinko.

This may be a problem with it recognising the osa file at all rather than the javascript function not being called, but in truth I am stumped.

Any ideas?

Sphinx(Posted 2006) [#2]
If you think the problem with the file extension OSA then why not try Molebox to wrap all your media and get an extension of EXE?!

I think that should work if that is the problem :)