Remore server on remote PC?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Remore server on remote PC?

Sonari Eclipsi Onimari(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have devoloped a really nice chat/PM proggy and I need to know if there is a service that will let me put my server on a computer and run it while connected to the internet. Pretty much, run my program, have the PC always on, and always connected...

MagicalTux(Posted 2005) [#2]
This is called a dedicated server, and costs quite a lot.

I would suggest you to rewrite your server-side code and making it compatible for linux, this way you can just get a 'shell hosting', which is less expensive than a windows dedicated server.

You can also ask a friend who's always online and using windows to host your server :)

If your project looks nice I may also give it a try and help you writing a server in C.

Sonari Eclipsi Onimari(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks. However, I do not know many other languages. I know B+, HTML, Javascript, and starting CGI (Old...I know)

I appreciate the help. How would it being compatible with Linux make any difference? Linux can run windows apps...Can't they? The server (the one I need hosted) is a BG program. No GUI or console required. Just need port 1701 available with an internet connection...

But thanks. On CW, all I got was a bunch of smart *** remarks. Thanks for being kind.

-Munro

Xzider(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thats because everyone on CW are morons who hate any form of newb