Please Help!! -- Userlibs

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Please Help!! -- Userlibs

Senzak(Posted 2005) [#1]
I keep seeing stuff about Userlibs! and i dont understand them at all! can someone please help me out?

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#2]
If you want to use a function in an external .dll in your Blitz program, you need to use Userlibs.

In the Blitz folder is a folder called userlibs. You would normally put the .dll you want to use in here (and later when you distribute your program, it must also be in the program's folder).

You also need to kake a .decls file (although many of the .dlls for Blitz come with a ready made one). This involves making a file in Notepad with the top line saying .lib "whatever.dll" and then one or more lines specifiying the functions that you want to use in the .dll.

There is a file in the userlibs folder called UserLibs.txt, read this for more info. Hope this helps.

Senzak(Posted 2005) [#3]
i found something called "A complete list of the user32.dll" in the code archives, and i want to use it, but i dont know what to do with it

CS_TBL(Posted 2005) [#4]
Someone needs to make an "userlibs for dummies" article, not just about how to set it up, but also about MSDN and how to use it in your Blitz projects with plenty examples (small few-lines examples, not megasources with a million things to read). Which describes terms like QueryObject, HWND etc.

Really @ n00b-level, not average or pro, just n00b ..