Blitzbasic

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Blitzbasic

Zooker(Posted 2005) [#1]
Is Blitzplus the next step after Blitzbasic. I have a copy of Blitzbasic I purchased several years ago. I have tried to run it in WIN XP but it looks for IE Version 4 which I don't have. Does any one know of a patch I could download to let this Basic run or have a used copy of Blitzplus they would sell me.

CS_TBL(Posted 2005) [#2]
blitzplus = old blitz2d + windowsGUI + eventbased

VIP3R(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yes, there is an IE6 patch available for Blitz2D.

Contact blitz support using the contact link (top of the page) and they will help you.

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#4]
Zooker: There was a patch for that issue as well as a couple of other updates available for Blitz Basic.

Blitz Plus is a complete rewrite. New compiler, faster code crunching, faster graphics, "plays nicely" with Window's Messaging System to allow games to NOT hog the CPU, limited support for Window's GUI.

Nice to see you still around Zooker ;c)

Zooker(Posted 2005) [#5]
Thanks to all of you! Brice did you ever use a handle called White Eagle? I knew a nice fella that went by that handle. I'm still trying to re-write a program that I originally wrote in Basic PDS 7.11. I wrote it in a year and I've been futzin around the last 2 trying to re-write it. I'm not to brite but you have to admire my persistance.

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#6]
Yes sir Zooker, that would be me ;c) I know you various communities. I was glad to see you post, us old timers have to stick together ;c)

PDS, huh? My friend Brad, still heavily uses PDS 7, and the games still run fine even under XP. There are reasons I love retro-styled games ;c)

Nicstt(Posted 2005) [#7]
I'm 75 years old an as sharp ,as the head end of a Tack!

lol, like that one, although i suspect you are brighter than you give yourself credit for. :)

Zooker(Posted 2005) [#8]
really Nicoust i'm as bad as i say i am, unfortunately. I'm proud to say i'm still in love with PDS 7.11 but windows is here to stay(Until some reaaaalllllly smart guy)
comes up with a way for Linux to run all or 95% windows programs.(95%- hmmmmmn maybe a crapshoot). Good talkin' to You again Brice.I'm trying to find something good about windows and the only good thing about it is it makes alot of money for wild Bill.Nice ragin' with you fella's!!:)

Nicstt(Posted 2005) [#9]
yeh i hate windows, although i like 2k, best operating system MS has done, although its not been that hard to make better than the other stuff