make shoot-em-up game contest

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/make shoot-em-up game contest

skyfire1(Posted 2005) [#1]
i'm kinda new here, i'm called skyfire1 at blitzcoder, i thought it would be cool if i had a game programming contest. here are the rules, create a shoot-em-up game where you have a crosshair that you move with the mouse. the game has to be at least three levels. it can be made with blitz 2d or blitz plus. post here if you want to be in the contest or are finished making the game and if you have finished the game, post the url where you can download it. giving the source is optional. well, is there any contestants?

Kevin_(Posted 2005) [#2]
Usually, people offer prizes for such contests. If you are offering a nice new shiney Aston Martin DB9 OR a night with Nigella Lawson as a prize then count me in :)

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#3]
Why is Blitzmax excluded? or would it be unfair?

CS_TBL(Posted 2005) [#4]
If there's a big strawberry-pudding amongst the prizes, I might consider joining.. :)

skyfire1(Posted 2005) [#5]
you can use blitzmax if you want. as for the prize, let's see, um, how about a free, no. u'm, how about a picture of a trophy :D.

Kevin_(Posted 2005) [#6]
Idea... Operation Frog!

Shoot the Crazy Frog (Operation Wolf-Style) before he drives you nuts with his annoying voice. Then stamp all over his testicles with your hiking boots after roasting the little bastards head over an open-spit fire - How satisfying is that?

skyfire1(Posted 2005) [#7]
sounds cool. well, i'm gonna get started now.

skyfire1(Posted 2005) [#8]
i just changed my screenname.