Intigrations between programs

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Intigrations between programs

Berserker [swe](Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi!

Is there anyway to make a program that is not running to recive startvalues?
Explanation: If youre using one program eg a "WorldEditor" and you want to start the test of youre new world. When you click on "test run" on youre editor the program will shut down or minimize and executes another.

The code could look something like this
  WindowsMinimized(Window)
  ExecFile(TestRunWorld$,Value1,Value2,Value3)  

Is that possible in anyway? I mean if you run the "TestRunWorld" seperatly it shouldnt start or generate an error saying "Missing value".

Well i cant explain better then that (im from Sweden) hope someone knows ahat i mean and can help me.

Thanks

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#2]
I don't know the command in blitz to run another application but there are plenty of them in windows. Once you find the command you should be able to call the command just followed by the filename and your parameters which will be processed as command line parameters e.g. ExecFile("myapp 1 2 3"). Alternatively, you could write your parameters into a file and call the app without and command line parameters, and it could read the parameters from the file. But this is a bit lame compared to using command line parameters.

Berserker [swe](Posted 2005) [#3]
Exactly what i mean. I have tried it before (saving into a file that is later on read by an app) and it works fine, butt still abit lame. Well i'll have to do until futher notice. No big deal.

Thanks anyway!

Regular K(Posted 2005) [#4]
commandline$() might do it

Berserker [swe](Posted 2005) [#5]
Thanks! I'lllook in to that.