ImagesCollide problem

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/ImagesCollide problem

rogue(Posted 2005) [#1]
I am using ImagesCollide to check and see if a moving object collides with a tile on the screen. If I move my ship from left to right it hits the tile as expected (the right edge of the ship collides with the left edge of the tile).

However, if I move my ship from the right to the left, I don't get into my ImagesCollide test until the left side of my ship is at the left side of the tile. It *should* collide when the left side of the ship hits the right side of the tile.

I thought perhaps this was a side effect of the HandleImage setting, so I set both objects to use 0,0 for HandleImage, but that made no difference.

Anyone else had similar problems? I have seen a few posts talking about how well the pixel perfect collision works, but haven't seen it in my game.

Thanks,

- Ken

rogue(Posted 2005) [#2]
Never mind, it is late and I am an idiot. I needed to offset my calculation of the ship by the board offset. Doh!

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#3]
The image collide (both rectangle and pixel based) worked great for me. In fact the pixel collide was too good as my man kept getting stuck on scenery with like his toe or something so in the end he has a hidden rectangular mask (cop out) which works nicely.