textfield and textarea

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/textfield and textarea

Paulo(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,

I am able to right click a textfield and copy/paste, but not do the same on a textarea. This kinda makes textarea a bit useless for any text editing purposes.

Or am I doing something wrong here? If so what and how can I use the clipboard with it. I tried to incorporate some functions I found in the code archives, but this didnt make a difference.

Any help much appreciated.

Paulo

Paulo(Posted 2005) [#2]
I forgot to add - it does work via CTRL V, CTRL C - so the ability is there.

rdodson41(Posted 2005) [#3]
Do you mean the pop up does not come up, or the popup window does come up and you click copy but it doesn't work?

Paulo(Posted 2005) [#4]
The popup does not come up - when you select some text in your Textarea, right click it - nothing happens. Simply change CreateTextArea to CreateTextField, and you can right click and do the usual - If someone knows how to make a TextField autowrap, this would be a workaround, but I'd really love to copy/paste in and out of a TextArea (as you would expect) :)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#5]
Seems to be more bugs in BlitzPlus than there are in an old ladies kitchen!

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#6]
Actually I thought old ladies kept their kitchens pretty clean and make nice cakes!

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#7]
It depends on the old lady :p I dont know, it just went with the sentence.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#8]
How about "more bugs than Windows" or is that just not really possible? or "Anteaters stomach" ... soz

Paulo(Posted 2005) [#9]
I'd put it in to one of those new "Super Bug" catagories, probably 20,000,000 years old, released from underneath the Syberian snow cap - no known cures.

:D

Damo! Yo bro' - back on messenger later wiv a new handle ;)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#10]
YAY. I'l be checking my Eeeemail later...! :D