Better IDE.

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Better IDE.

Jono(Posted 2005) [#1]
Is there a better IDE than the one that comes with BlitzBasic Plus, one that I don't have to pay over the odds for, and will let me change the colour scheme of the source code and change the font. Thanks.

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#2]
You can change the color scheme and the font for the B+ IDE by modifying the config file for it.

Phil Newton(Posted 2005) [#3]
Check the Toolbox section for some IDEs. I'd personally recommend Protean, but it's not for everyone, and it requires the .NET framework which is a turn off for some people.

CS_TBL(Posted 2005) [#4]
Visual Blitz is cheap and nice .. only a few minor points atm like slow cursor-movement in large functions.

GfK(Posted 2005) [#5]
Visual Blitz is cheap and nice .. only a few minor points atm like slow cursor-movement in large functions.
...you forgot to mention it hasn't had a single update in the last six months and its support forums have recently vanished.

Another vote for Protean.

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#6]
The last version of Visual Blits I have is 4.10.07 It is still being sold. It works for my needs for B+ (I haven't bought BMax yet). Contrary to above comments, the Forums are still there. However, I have no idea what the future holds.