Squidgy WARNING

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Squidgy WARNING

Mr Brine(Posted 2005) [#1]
On friday morning I got an email from a guy called dave (sorry I couldnt reply lost your email address) suggesting that extreme stress testing squidgy would somtimes corrupt his windows install to the point that it needed a fresh install.

After 2 days of extreme stress testing squidgy I can confirm that the bug exists (although it is relativley rare)
It afflicts:

- all versions of squidgy
- applies to windows xp, server 2000 & 2003 (probably more)
- multiple computer confirgurations

Their doesn't seem to be any pattern to activate the bug, it just gives me the blue screen of death (mulitude of different messages) and when it reboots it repeatly crashes, no matter what boot mode I select.

I can only conclude it is a serious flaw in squidgy (ive never had it happen before) which uses a multitude of weird and wonderful ways of addressing data. + a shed load of user decls to add additional function.

IF YOU HAVE ANY COPYS OF SQUIDGY I ****HIGHLY**** RECOMMEND YOU DELETE IT.

IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO DELETE IT AND THROW CAUTION TO THE WIND: Dont forget to read the discalamier!

Sincere applogies to anyone whos had any problems

sswift(Posted 2005) [#2]
Do you access any registry entries? It seems unlikely to me that a game in Blitz could do so much damage by accident unless you're messing up the registry.

Warren(Posted 2005) [#3]
+ a shed load of user decls to add additional function.

That being the case, it could do whatever damage it wanted to.

Tom(Posted 2005) [#4]
What is Squidgy? A game of yours?

Regular K(Posted 2005) [#5]
Squidgy is a free form editor for Blitzplus.