really big image problems

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/really big image problems

Mr Brine(Posted 2005) [#1]
When I create 3 images at 3000*3000 pixels in 32bit mode I start getting strange graphical glitches, yet in 16bit mode I dont. I remember reading somewhere about problems handling big images and gfx cards.

- Is their anyway to predict when its gonna happen?
- Is it safe to assume that if it works on my gfx card (64mb geforce2) then it'll work on any 64mb gfxcard or any gfxcard with more than 64mb?

at present Im using tileimage to draw the images onto the backbuffer(), but ive tried using drawimage, drawimagerect and I still get graphical glitches.

- Anyone know a workaround to get really big images working without glitches all the time?

or is it just a case of pot luck?

thanks

CS_TBL(Posted 2005) [#2]
I had this issue some months ago, someone notified me that a power of 2 for the width/height seemed to be ok. Try delving back into the old B+ topics.. should be around october/november I think..

[edit] http://www.blitzbasic.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=39937

PS: can you create 9 images of 1000x1000 and place them next to eachother (to form a 3000x3000 image again) instead? :)

Mr Brine(Posted 2005) [#3]
a number of 1000*1000 images sounds like a good idea, I never thourght of that! thanks mate!

edit: I was just thinking does that mean (using the powers of 2) that the image width and height should be 1024? (I'll give em both a whirl and see what results I get)

that link above doesn't seem work