Graphics() confusion

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Graphics() confusion

DNielsen(Posted 2004) [#1]
@all
I use the Graphics() command to :
1: Create fullscreen applications
2: to create Windowed applications (games specific, no need for gadgets etc)

When I use Graphics() in Windowed mode, the "titlebar" displays "blitzcc". How can you change this? If at all ..?

soja(Posted 2004) [#2]
With Graphics mode, the window will be titled whatever your executable is titled. In other words, compile it and then rename the exe to whatever you want.

AppTitle might also work, but I'm not sure.

DNielsen(Posted 2004) [#3]
@Soja
As - always - you are CORRECT! I never noticed that when I build an executable, the Window title "adopts" the filename as it's title! How interesting indeed! AppTitle - as far as *I* know (I am still a beginner) only works with "real" Windows and Requesters?

Bremer(Posted 2004) [#4]
Apptitle will change the title of the main window, just tested it and it works for both blitzplus and b3d.

DNielsen(Posted 2004) [#5]
@Zawran
I take your word for it. Although its odd, this is what the docs say:

"title$ - the text that will be displayed in the title bar of the application requesters."

It specifically says REQUESTERS?? Is it just me, or do the entire docs seem to "lack" in detail ;-)

VIP3R(Posted 2004) [#6]
AppTitle works ok with Graphics mode in Blitz+ here too.

BUT you need to use it before calling the Graphics command, otherwise it will display 'blitzcc'.

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#7]
It specifically says REQUESTERS?? Is it just me, or do the entire docs seem to "lack" in detail ;-)

That's because it is referring to Window gadgets. The main window is titled according to the text passed during the creation of the window. All requesters are titled according to the AppTitle command.

However, if you are using the BlitzPlus Graphics command, then the main 'window' (which might be the full-screen, depending on what you chose) will contain the name given in the Apptitle command.

So, it depends on it's usage.

Walter(Posted 2004) [#8]
I creaded my window with CreateWindow(...). How can I change its title bar at anytime of the program. AppTitle won't work, it's only for gadgets.

rdodson41(Posted 2004) [#9]
No, Apptitle will work for (1) Windowed Graphics modes and (2) Requesters such as Notify and Confirm().

AppTitle "Apptitle Test!"
Graphics 640,480,16,2
SetBuffer BackBuffer()
Text 0,0,"Apptitle Test!"
Flip
WaitKey()
End

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#10]
Walter: Use SetGadgetText. (A window is a 'gadget' too in BlitzPlus.)

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#11]
Thanks James. The "window is a 'gadget' too" bit never even crossed my mind.

Walter(Posted 2004) [#12]
Yo James, you're all right ! :)