Print Question

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Print Question

rdodson41(Posted 2004) [#1]
Is there a way to print to the graphics buffer, but with good print and input commands? Like in Blitz3D? The console just doesn't suit my purposes. Or if that's not possible, has anyone developed a good algorithem for printing and inputing on the graphics buffer thats decently fast? Tanks in advance!

DNielsen(Posted 2004) [#2]
Use the Text() command

rdodson41(Posted 2004) [#3]
No i know, but can I make it so its just, Print "Hello World!" and it prints it on the gfx bufffer? I dont want to keep track of any variables, and i want it to act like Print does on the console, such that when the screen is filled, it moves everything up, just like print and input work in B3D.

DNielsen(Posted 2004) [#4]
Personally, I use the Text() command because its very fast and manually keep track of my X and Y coordinates. I am a newbie myself and am looking (myself) for something similar as you are

soja(Posted 2004) [#5]
You would have to code your own functions for scrolling, line tracking, etc. Basically, simulate the console with the Text command. In BlitzPlus, Print and Input have minimal use in finished projects (they don't even work with StdIn and StdOut).

DNielsen(Posted 2004) [#6]
I use Text() only, because I currently only use BlitzPlus in fullscreen mode software

rdodson41(Posted 2004) [#7]
@soja, could you tell me how i could make something like that? I've been trying and nothing works.

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#8]
Oh - my - God.

I realize that it's extremely tough...

rdodson41(Posted 2004) [#9]
Thanks WolRon!