Blitz Arrays

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Blitz Arrays

Mordax_Praetorian(Posted 2004) [#1]
For efficiancies sake I dont want masses of global arrays flying around my program, so I opted to use BlitzArrays instead only to have them remind me of why I hate Object Oriented programming so much

I'm missing something here, I dont know what, so it would be awesome if someone could point it out

From the top of the code:

Type Char

From a little further down:

Field SkillCount

From a little more further down:

Global Char1.Char = New Char

Another Few lines I put this in just to make sure it was there (after countless error messages):

Char1\SkillCount = 0

From a Function:

Local Skill$[5]

From The same Function:

Skill$[Char1\SkillCount] = "Cutting Swords: "

Now, what about the lines above should invoke a "Variable Type Mismatch" on the last line?

I've seen other programs use Strings in BlitzArrays, Ive even run a few just to check, I even put a little $ symbol in just to be sure, the Counter cannot be the problem simply because its Global, the BlitzArray was declaired just as in every example I have seen, so I cannot for the life of me figure out whats wrong

Curtastic(Posted 2004) [#2]
Local a%[3]
Print a%[1]

I guess it is a bug

You can make blitz arrays of any type, but you can't put the type symbol after the name when using the array.

Mordax_Praetorian(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thanks

I hate it when the solution to a problem is simple, because I never see it lol

Thanks again

aab(Posted 2004) [#4]
Things like Blitz arrays should be added to the code archives.... Their great for having arrays within types of an enemy object