HTML Gadget Title

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/HTML Gadget Title

turtle1776(Posted 2004) [#1]
Anybody know how to retrieve the title of the page currently being viewed in an html gadget? I am pretty sure it will require one of those fancy userlib commands.

I think I can work around this by downloading the page separately and then parsing the text to retrieve the title, but there must be an easier way that that.

Anybody?

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#2]
If you go to Planet source code and look under the VB section, you should be able to find the code for some browsers done in VB. Since it uses the same browser control that B+ does, you "should" be able to port the method used in those examples. But, do not hold me to that ;c) But, that is where I would look for a solution.

turtle1776(Posted 2004) [#3]
Well, I *think* the html gadget is a Windows WebBrowser control. Unfortunately, I don't know how to easily access and manipulate it through a few quick userlib commands.

Access to this control via C++ or Visual Basic seems very object-oriented, but perhaps there is something I am missing. I might decide to fire up my Visual Studio (C++/VB) suite and experiment with creating a dll, but that seems like a lot to do. Here's hoping someone else knows an easier way to do this ...

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#4]
hmm.. after much searching, I found a DLL that will do what you need (and more), but it is somewhat pricey $49.95

turtle1776(Posted 2004) [#5]
What is it? I'll take a look.