Skinnable gadgets?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Skinnable gadgets?

Zenith(Posted 2004) [#1]
Is it possible to skin gadgets such as scrollbars of text areas?
By this I mean, can you skin a scroll bar with an image?
How do I create a brush palette to be sent to the window scrollbar?

skn3(Posted 2004) [#2]
Not doable. Doing this requires you redraw your gadget manually. B+ can't in its current state capture the redraw event. So BooHoo to you.. and me :(

I was writting a gdi library to do this all, but without proper access to the underworkings, it is all but useless.

CS_TBL(Posted 2004) [#3]
I see the same questions again and again.. not that I blame new users for that.. but wouldn't it be a wise idea to make a sticky topic in this section with some FAQ and FGA? :)

Something simple, not much text, just something like this:

Q: How do I skin my gadgets
A: You can't

Q: How do I prevent a canvas from scaling when resizing
A: SetGadgetLayout

Q: How do I make my own gadgets
A: See the tutorials for 'Your own gadgets'

Q: How do I change the icon of my exe
.. etc. etc.

Zenith(Posted 2004) [#4]
skn - thanks anyway.

Person - New users? :P

I've been here longer than I can show my posts for.
I was here Before blitzbasic.com, so kindly f#ck yourself. :)

However, if you weren't insinuating me as one, well go f#ck yourself even kinder!

Okay, I retract my statement kind of, it's 3am.

CS_TBL(Posted 2004) [#5]
It was generally meant for new users who ask the same questions all over again. I could've posted that one in 'General Discussion' ofcourse, then it would be a generic question. So I didn't do it there, I did it here. Maybe that was wrong.. dunno. So, don't take it personal :) I'm however still supporting the idea ..(nothing wrong with the idea, isn't it?) So, forget that I put it in this topic, imagine it being in 'General Discussion'.

Zenith(Posted 2004) [#6]
Don't mind me, I just needed to blow off some steam ;)

.. On a forum.. How lame am I :D

MattVonFat(Posted 2004) [#7]
"Q: How do I change the icon of my exe
.. etc. etc"

Well that one still illudes me. Reshacker doesnt let me add a new icon to the program when i use BlitzPlus so im still not sure exactly what can be done if anything.

Tracer(Posted 2004) [#8]
Add a new resource group called "ICON" in ResHack. That'll do it.

Tracer

MattVonFat(Posted 2004) [#9]
But that doesn't work for me. I go to "Add New Resorce", select an icon, name it ICON (the first text field is filled in) and it says ca't add the icon.

Cold Harbour(Posted 2004) [#10]
Makes me wonder why someone hasn't written a GUI extension for B+ and sold it. I'd buy it if it had nice buttons, menus, trackbars, etc. Just for the time saving.