can i select a panel

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/can i select a panel

gellyware(Posted 2004) [#1]
I am wondering if there is a way to select a panel? I.E. If i have a bunch of small panels, and the user clicks it, something would be returned. Say for instance their are 10 panels with to store last names. When the user clicks the panel, an input box would pop up and ask for info, you fill it in and the last name is shown in the panel. I am trying to simulate html tables but I dont want to use html :)

CS_TBL(Posted 2004) [#2]
would event $201 work for you ?

:)

gellyware(Posted 2004) [#3]
Hrm Maybe so, I'll give it a shot. Trying to solve a complicated problem using any method I can think of. Basically I am making a quiz q&a creation app. The user could click a "+" to add a new question and answer. THe problem is questions may exceed the window width and height, so the window will have to scroll. I was thinking it would be best if this plugin thingy Im writing was similar to a spreadsheet format. Any Ideas?

CS_TBL(Posted 2004) [#4]
First, make your own button-system. I'm sure you don't want a dull [+] image, but some nice image that highlights when your mouse is moving over it .. and you also may want to 'press' the button. For this I recommend using canvasses (for the simple reason that you can't assign an image-handle to a panel, only a file$ (bummer!)) See the tutorial section, I did some 'your own gadgets' explaination there which you might find handy. iirc I also put a scrollpanel there.

gellyware(Posted 2004) [#5]
thanks CS_TBL, I will look into it.