Buy BlitzPlus or stick with Blitz3D

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Buy BlitzPlus or stick with Blitz3D

dgroncki(Posted 2004) [#1]
I have Blitz3D and have used it to program a game in 2D. Is there any real benefit to using BlitzPlus except for the GUI additions? Does BlitzPlay work with BlitzPlus?
thanks...Dave

dgroncki(Posted 2004) [#2]
Does transparency work any better with images in BlitzPlus than it does in Blitz3D? (maskImage seems to often result in jaggies).

GfK(Posted 2004) [#3]
If you need to use masking/transparency, use file formats BMP or PNG. JPG is a 'lossey' format and results in 'jaggies'.

The only advantage blitzplus has over blitz3d, is that it will work with DX1, whereas Blitz3D needs DX7.

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#4]
Plus it has OpenGL and software rendering support.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#5]
GFK forgot to mention that he is referring to 3D whereas dgroncki was talking about 2D.

Your best option might be doing your 2D in 3D (hardware accelerated) then you can use transparency, scaling and rotation.

BlitzPlay works with BlitzPlus.

mag.(Posted 2004) [#6]
GUI additions?

aab(Posted 2004) [#7]
I would stick use Blitz3d: other than Gui the 2d side is pretty much the same. I bought BlitzPlus to make a 2d game (cheaper than b3d of course), and now, not only is my game acceptable to Blitz3d to run in, but i've found myself wanting to program 3d after maxing out the 16kb demo(it can be pushed to about 16.2kb if you use 'Include') {In Blitz3d anyone can program 3d games so easily}