Can't point file requester to a specific folder...

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Can't point file requester to a specific folder...

Chroma(Posted 2004) [#1]
For reasons unknown, the ChangeDir command doesn't affect the filerequester path. I change the dir before I do a file request and it always opens up the last folder. Anyone know how to fix this? I don't want to use a different GUI or Lib.

*Pulling my hair out*

Chroma

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#2]
Just grab the currentdir$() first into a temp string

Then do your changedir

Do your bits and pieces

Then change it back again.

Chroma(Posted 2004) [#3]
What I'm saying is I want the filerequester to open a specific folder and I'm changing the directory to that folder just before the filerequester is triggered. But it's not working. Is the ChangeDir command broken is this aspect?

Eikon(Posted 2004) [#4]
ChangeDir doesn't have anything to do with the file requester, its for the file i/o commands. I don't think that RequestFile has this functionality so maybe you should suggest it in the B+ update thread (bug reports). If anyone knows how to make this work I'd be interested as well.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#5]
This command was updated in the latest version:

RequestFile$( title$,exts$[,save][,defname$] )

..where defname$ is the default directory to use.

Cold Harbour(Posted 2004) [#6]
That's not how defname$ works for me. Defname$ is the default filename not the directory.

The way I understand it is that RequestFile uses the 'OpenSaveMRU' bit of the registry - that's a Windows thing and not really Blitz's fault.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#7]
Is does both AFAICT.

Eikon(Posted 2004) [#8]
Why don't the 1.39 docs reflect this?

*(Posted 2004) [#9]
TBH there should be a RequestFileDir command, this would sort it out :)