***** INTERNAL ERROR *****

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/***** INTERNAL ERROR *****

Lazze(Posted 2004) [#1]
***** INTERNAL ERROR *****
Attempt to delete referenced object

What the F*** does this mean????

I'm building an app with some 500 inputfields, so instead of using 500 or more gadgets (too slow) I'm creating and freeing gadgets when and where they are needed.

For some reason the above mentioned error-message appears when I point from one field to another, BUT! - not allways. Sometimes it works "flawless" (at least no error-messages), and sometimes it bites the dust on the first attempt to change inputfield.

Any suggestions???

I'm not supplying any code here, as its up to 1500-2000 lines and in several files, but if someone would like to try debugging it I can mail it.

Lazze

Mero(Posted 2004) [#2]
Try to write simple program that uses technique of adding/freeing inputboxes... it would be easy to debug small program...

Mr Brine(Posted 2004) [#3]
hi!

Dont know wether the following is helpful or not: I am building an app with about 300 input gadgets. I have no problems with speed or anything else. My advice is to create all you input fields when the app has loaded (or compiled) then hide em all (using hidegadget), then just show (using showgadget) what ever input field is required (hiding the ones not required). Then delete your created input fields when the utility is closed.

Mr Brine

Lazze(Posted 2004) [#4]
Try resizing and pushing them around realtime using columnheaders....It allmost killed my 1Ghz machine :o)

Lazze

By the way - I think I found the problem (needs testing though). I think its my IsMouseOverGadget function that trues to test a gadget that's being freed.