API - SendMessageA

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/API - SendMessageA

MattVonFat(Posted 2004) [#1]
I've noticed alot of solution to things in BlitzPlus with text areas/fields etc are done with SendMessageA. I've had a look on the API reference but i couldnt find a list of the different messages that can be sent. Is there anywhere that lists these?

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#2]
yep... they're all listed in the Appleman Visual Basic 5.0 Programmers Guide To Win32 API from page 1296 to page 1341...

starting with WM_ACTIVATE and ending with WM_WININICHANGE...

of course, this is an older publication of the reference, and i'm sure a lot has been added...

--Mike

Eikon(Posted 2004) [#3]
Found these

soja(Posted 2004) [#4]
They're all on msdn.microsoft.com, unfortunately they're not listed all together. They're broken up according to the type of message/notification, then listed under each respective category. You could try looking up WM_* in the index, but that would only get the Windows Messages -- whereas there are a whole bunch that start with TVM, LM, etc, for different controls and such.

Check out BLESS (BLitz EventS System) at www.mintysoftware.com. Look at the include file Bless.bb -- it has most of them defined for use in Blitz, and they're all listed together.

Cold Harbour(Posted 2004) [#5]
Blimey! Bless looks interesting.

Bless you Soja.

MattVonFat(Posted 2004) [#6]
Thanks for all the info!