Mouse Acceleration Issues

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Mouse Acceleration Issues

Darkuni(Posted 2004) [#1]
I have a customer complaining that, when my Blitz+ program is running and has focus, that his mouse acceleration (this is a Logitec mouse with 'enhanced' drivers) kicks off. When my app closes or loses focus, it comes back.

Anyone had experiences with this? I don't capture or use any sort of mouse functions within the app (outside of standard event handling).

Any assistance GREATLY appreciated!

semar(Posted 2004) [#2]
Have a play with EnableDirectInput command, perhaps it fixes that.

Sergio.

Darkuni(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thank you ... I'll have a go with that ...

Darkuni(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hmmm.. I see no documentation on that ... Got a sample?

Stoop Solo(Posted 2004) [#5]
If you are using a Logitech mouse, I would guess you are using Logitech's MouseWare.

In which case, you need to bring up the mouse properties, select the "motion" tab and un-tick the check box that says "Disable acceleration in games".

Personally, for most games, I prefer mouse acceleration off. In fact, one thing I noticed with my Dragon Chaser game, mouse acceleration renders it virtually impossible to control. I've been looking for a way of activating/disabling mouse acceleration within a blitz program. I believe the functionality lies within user32.dll via an api call to SystemParametersInfoA. The parameter SPI_SETMOUSE seems to be the focus. But I haven't been able to actually work it out yet. DLL's ain't my strong point.

Still, un-ticking that checkbox should solve your problem.

Darkuni(Posted 2004) [#6]
Thanks for the tip ... I'll pass that on to the customer.