scripting activex

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/scripting activex

skidracer(Posted 2004) [#1]
The following code illustrates the use of an activex component from BlitzPlus, in this particular example it is a Merlin an msagent control that overlays himself on your desktop and if you have him fully installed will talk and listen to you:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1039

semar(Posted 2004) [#2]
I'm speachless.

Does that mean that we can use any VB ActiveX written with VB6 or VB.NET ?

If so, could you be so kind to explain in detail each needed step to achieve that ? I mean, for example:
- open VB6
- create an ActiveX (ocx ?)

Sergio.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#3]
Whoa, good stuff!

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#4]
Neat.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#5]
nice but *cough* why not add this functionality directly into blitz *cough*

Zenith(Posted 2004) [#6]
*gives skn a cough drop*

skn3(Posted 2004) [#7]
lol *cough*

semar(Posted 2004) [#8]
Mr. skidracer, *cough*, could you *cough* please answer to *cough* my *cough* questions ?

Thanks....

*cough*

Sergio.

skidracer(Posted 2004) [#9]
No, it won't feed your cat or water your dog. What in particular do you want to do???

semar(Posted 2004) [#10]
Here you are:

Does that mean that we can use any VB ActiveX written with VB6 or VB.NET ?

If so, could you be so kind to explain in detail each needed step to achieve that ? I mean, for example:
-1 open VB
-2 create an ActiveX (ocx ?)
-3 .....

skidracer(Posted 2004) [#11]
Sorry you seemed to have missed the particulars again. If you can < embed > your vb controls in html then yes you can utilize them from BlitzPlus, activex controls need to be registerred so are not the simplest things to bundle with an app.

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#12]
They are quite simple to include with an app, but you need a good install maker.

I'm surprised noone thought of doing that before since blitz+ uses the IE control (I think). Since it's basically IE, it can do anything that IE can do... Including using activex controls.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#13]
any active x control can be embedded into an html page skid...

when i used to do the 9 to 5 thing, that's what i did... create com objects that would be hosted on a web page that would provide functionality to the corporate customers.

so... say that i write a fully functional game in vb... compile it as an activex control, then embed it on an html page...

will i be able to cotrol it via this method?

i haven't looked at the code yet... a lil busy trying to finish up all my weeks tasks before the day (Friday) ends, but i will take a look at the example code tommorrow...

... in the meantime, what's your take?

thx

--Mike

semar(Posted 2004) [#14]
It seems you can have certain control on the ocx using that script method, so that you can actually perform the methods that the ocx exposes; but how, for example, retrieve values from it ?

skidracer, any takes ? Could you please be so kind to enlight this concept to us ? Please...

;-)

Sergio.

Paulo(Posted 2004) [#15]
Thats really cool. :) With some minor alteration I now have a foul mouthed wizard keeping track of the time. Its the simple things...