New update available!

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/New update available!

marksibly(Posted 2004) [#1]
See home page for more info.

Murilo(Posted 2004) [#2]
Thanks Mark/Skid - Great stuff!

Réno(Posted 2004) [#3]
Snif, no B2D update...

Eikon(Posted 2004) [#4]

Snif, no B2D update...

I think the 1.80 "final" update might have been a hint ;)

Thanks Mark & Simon, checking out the new HTML stuff now.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#5]
NEW Flash UI in B+ test:
http://www.zen28085.zen.co.uk/flashBlitzTest.zip

Eikon(Posted 2004) [#6]
Very cool Beaker :)

This opens up a whole world of new possibilities.

skidracer(Posted 2004) [#7]
Just a note on the web page scripting, pages don't seem to load until you do a WaitEvent() so if you want to run any scripts on an HtmlViewGadget you need to make sure the page has been loaded. Docs coming soon....

skn3(Posted 2004) [#8]
Oooooo grabbing it now :D thanks Mark/Skid

[edit] Well the update is ok, Im suprised that absolutly none of the requested features/fixes/styles were added (apart from FMOD, which has little to no use in the majority of apps. I will be using it in games though so thanx for that.). I'll just go back to ripping my hair out jumping hurdle after hurdle, writting an app in b+. I probably sound very ungratefull, but I was just expecting more. Its frustrating from my point of view, because b+ could do a whole lot more (via userlibs or libraries), if just a few things were implimented. Anyway, good job on releasing the update, the file requet fixes are being updated into my code as we speak :D

big pete(Posted 2004) [#9]
Great to see a FMOD update- but still no .oxm support, why? :(

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2004) [#10]
I actually managed to get one of my OXM files playing in Blitz with the new patch. The rest didn't work at all. I'll investigate what the problem is more in a few days, but I think it's probably my dodgy converter!

big pete(Posted 2004) [#11]
http://www.fmod.org/files/oggmod.zip

That's the official one AFAIK.

Cold Harbour(Posted 2004) [#12]
Thanks for the update. Very nice to see treeview icons and the html stuff looks interesting too.

Orca(Posted 2004) [#13]
I'll just go back to ripping my hair out jumping hurdle after hurdle, writting an app in b+. I probably sound very ungratefull, but I was just expecting more.

No, I feel exactly the same way :) I'm glad we got one, and there were some things added , IMO at least, that were essential. No real point in having an htmlview if you can't control it. So I'm glad that issue seems to be sorted. Same goes for the fontrequester do hickeys. TreeList Icons as well...

Still waiting on:

-Frame Style for Panels
-Explorer Tree gadget
-Tab Order(ing)

Anyways, Thanks Guys, keep it up :)

norki(Posted 2004) [#14]
I tried the converter from www.fmod.org/files/oggmod.zip and converted an .xm, but it didn't play in B+
Anyone got it to work? Any tips?

[edit]
Oh I just had to rename the extension from .oxm to .xm..
This is pretty cool. Still a pity about the lack of FMOD commands. I'd really like to see pattern/pos jump :\
[/edit]

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#15]
If you want to know more about OXM format:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=27139

morduun(Posted 2004) [#16]
Still waiting on net events, without which the entire event-based loop goes out the window for networked apps.

As an apps language, b+ is weak without more data types -- doubles and unsigned ints for starters, but shorts and bytes would be nice too.

Also still waiting on a more complete FMOD exposure (seek to pattern, seek to millisec, seek to cue, vu meters, EAX, etc), but it's starting to look as though this is beyond the scope of Blitz+ or B3D -- can we get a confirmation on this one way or the other?

norki(Posted 2004) [#17]
Yes, .OXM support is good, but it would be even nicer if we got pattern/position jump so we could have multiple songs inside an .XM, sharing the same instruments, as seen in Pinball Fantasies/Illusions/Dreams etc.. This would be a great space saver! That's what I'm waiting for :\

Also, it would be great if Blitz could be able to read a bpm/pos counter of an .XM (I'm sure FMOD outputs something like that), so synching to graphics would be more accurate than using MilliSecs.. which is very inaccurate, music wise.

@Morduun: Agreed, we need confirmation on this..

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#18]
The new font getters are useful, but I would've liked RequestFont() to have a parameter for default values. As it is I'm still having to resort to a DLL.

Also, RequestFile() still doesn't let you show multiple filetype extensions simultaneously. I still have to use a DLL here as well.

Cold Harbour(Posted 2004) [#19]
Unfortunately there's a slight glitch in the tabber gadget. The upper horizonal line isn't being drawn.

window=CreateWindow( "Window",50,50,600,480,main,15)

tabber=CreateTabber (50,50,400,200,window)

InsertGadgetItem tabber,0,"One"
InsertGadgetItem tabber,1,"Two"
InsertGadgetItem tabber,2,"Three"

While WaitEvent(1)<>$803

Wend

End

Stoop Solo(Posted 2004) [#20]
In your example, the line magically appears if you resize the window. Weird.

Incidentally, does anyone know what the "Evil ImagesCollide bug" was? Apparently it's been fixed...

simonh(Posted 2004) [#21]
New docs now available.

Wiebo(Posted 2004) [#22]
docs! cool! thanks!

simonh(Posted 2004) [#23]
Updated the docs pak again to include better descriptions/examples for the new html commands. Sorry to the 35 people who'd already downloaded!

Richard Betson(Posted 2004) [#24]
LOL..

That would be me :)

Thanks I'll get the new copy.

Cold Harbour(Posted 2004) [#25]
Hi Simon, what do you think about this tabber bug? Is it something that you could fix quite quickly or is it more complicated?

Cheers.

Eikon(Posted 2004) [#26]
Or more importantly, the AutoSuspend bug.