Visual Blitz issues?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Visual Blitz issues?

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#1]
I do not have Visual Blitz, but I am considering buying it (the built in editor is too damn slow loading a file and highlighting it). I was wondering if anybody has had any problems with Visual Blitz and Blitz Plus? It is the only editor (Other than the dead Blitview) that looks decent to me. If you use Visual Blitz with B+, speak up. You just might be getting Ol' Ed another sale ;c)

Red(Posted 2004) [#2]
Did you try the demo ?

LineOf7s(Posted 2004) [#3]
I use Visual Blitz with Blitz2D. There have been (and I'm sure will continue to be) some issues as the code matures, but everything that everyone has sensibly reported as an issue on the support forums has been dealt with promptly by Ed.

Try the demo, see how it feels. I personally recommend it highly - it's all I use, and apart from Platypus is the only piece of software produced by the Blitz community I've felt compelled to buy. Value-wise, it was just wrong for me not to. (Much love to SurreaL though - I'm saving up for BlitzPlay!)

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#4]
Did you try the demo ?
Actually why I asked is because when I went to the site ( http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eddy.dev/VisualBlitz/ ) linked to the Visual Blitz listing in the "toolbox" section of the Blitz Site, there was not a demo version to try. So, I thought I would ask existing users since there wasn't a demo version to try.

Russell(Posted 2004) [#5]
I'm wondering why it's called Visual Blitz. By the name, I assumed it was a Visual Basic-like Gui designer and programming IDE. Looks to be a fine replacement IDE, but without the GUI part.

Russell

Wiebo(Posted 2004) [#6]
Yeah, that leaves me wondering too. I think Ed wanted at M$ feel to the name, like Visual C++, etc... =]

Red(Posted 2004) [#7]
@Miami Brice

Toolbox > IDE section > Visual Blitz
There's a download link.

@Wiebo

Exactly, easy naming :P

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#8]
Well, Ed. Make it VISUAL.
Increase sales.

Red(Posted 2004) [#9]
How ?

There's 3 different compilers...