Edit Menu popup on a Text Area?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Edit Menu popup on a Text Area?

CopperCircle(Posted 2004) [#1]
I just got Blitz+ and im playing with TextArea`s, but I noticed if you create a TextField you can press the right mouse button and it pop's up an edit menu. How can I do this with a TextArea?

Thanks in advance.

rdodson41(Posted 2004) [#2]
I don't think it's possible in Blitz, but you could probably write a lib to do it.

Rimmsy(Posted 2004) [#3]
Check this out: http://blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=697

It's easy to do.

CopperCircle(Posted 2004) [#4]
Thanks, iv tried ed's popmenu but you can`t detect a mouse click over a Text Area!

Rimmsy(Posted 2004) [#5]
oh, bugger.

Nebula(Posted 2004) [#6]
You need to write your own textarea for that. With blitzplus almost anything can be made. But one just needs to do it theirselfs, instead of asking mark to do it :)

CopperCircle(Posted 2004) [#7]
Im not asking Mark to do anything, but whats the point of a textarea command that has so many basic limitations, I brought Blitz+ because I wanted an easy to use windows gui, but I might aswell use Blitz3D if I have to code everything myself! I feel like I have wasted £40.

Nebula(Posted 2004) [#8]
It is not like b+ is not worth it. There are a number of limitations that do not allow the creation of modern applications. But languages with those features are very hard, or harder to get into. Not to mention the commercial limitations of for instance Delphi and Visual Basic.

btw - if you need a texteditor then look at my blitzcoder showcase entry. I got a almost functional texteditor on there. Including code for a custom popup menu. It might be easily adjustable to do what you want.