GetColor bug ?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/GetColor bug ?

CS_TBL(Posted 2004) [#1]
w1=bla()

WaitKey()
End

Function bla()
	window=CreateWindow("blah",32,32,512,256)

image=CreateImage(64,64)

SetBuffer ImageBuffer(image)

GetColor 0,0

End Function

I get -in debugmode- 'Attempt to release <unknown> object'. After that, when I run it again -or ANY blitz app for that matter- I get the usual 'This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down' message. Only a reboot gives me a clean situation again. Getcolor seems to be mr. bad guy here ..

why, and how else do I read out a color of that imagebuffer ? :)

And again I vote for a cold kickstart function for Blitz. And yes, developing with 98se might not be the best way, but I've no alternatives right now, besides, I think blitz+ should work perfectly with 98se, period.

Floyd(Posted 2004) [#2]
You can't use graphics commands such as CreateImage without using a canvas, or the Graphics command.

w1=bla()

WaitKey()
End

Function bla()
	window=CreateWindow("blah",32,32,512,256)

cv = CreateCanvas(0,0,63,63,window)

image=CreateImage(64,64)

SetBuffer CanvasBuffer(cv)

Color 100, 120, 140
	Plot 0,0

GetColor 0,0

msg$ = " RGB = " + ColorRed() + " " + ColorGreen() + " " + ColorBlue()

SetStatusText window, msg

End Function

CS_TBL(Posted 2004) [#3]
hm.. that's crappy .. suppose I don't want to create a canvas? Suppose I want to set a panelcolor based on a certain rgb value from a certain image (not a canvas!)? Then I'm forced to create some dummy-canvas. I want to read from a buffer directly, so when this buffer is an imagebuffer, so be it.

I think this should be fixed :)

skn3(Posted 2004) [#4]
You can actualy, just put this at the very start of your program.

Setbuffer desktopbuffer()

And all your problems will be solved :)

CS_TBL(Posted 2004) [#5]
Inside a function from B+ ?

Notice that I don't want to draw inside that function (also not to a canvas), I only want to read out a color from an imagebuffer and apply it to the panelcolor. Therefore I wish to read any value from an imagebuffer w/o any other requirements!

Technically I find it strange that -in this context- you can't get info from an imagebuffer (which is just memory).

skn3(Posted 2004) [#6]
blah()
SetBuffer DesktopBuffer()

Function blah()
	image=CreateImage(64,64)
	SetBuffer ImageBuffer(image)
	Color 100, 120, 140
	Plot 0,0
	GetColor 0,0
	Notify " RGB = " + ColorRed() + " " + ColorGreen() + " " + ColorBlue()	
	FreeImage(image)
End Function

You can get info. Just make sure you set to a none image buffer before exiting. ("SetBuffer DesktopBuffer()")