Image Masking in Window

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Image Masking in Window

jd269(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hey everyone.. old time blitz basic user, .. recently purchased blitzplus and I'm looking to update an old game I wrote in BB (MeteorMash... wrote it way back, had over 200,000 downloads in a pretty short amount of time before I no longer had time to support the website associated with it, and got scammed by a company promising me $$$ for adding in adware with it..) anyways, the problem is when I run the program in windows mode the image backgrounds are not masked so I'm wondering what exactly I need to do to get it to mask in windows mode. Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and couldn't find it. Thankyou.

JD

GfK(Posted 2004) [#2]
Don't know much about the problem, but I remember you and the game.

Slightly O.T. - who scammed you??

jd269(Posted 2004) [#3]
To be honest.. I don't remember the guys name, or the exact website that it became hooked up with lol, was 3 years ago now.. They're no longer around, I know that much. They put adware in the installer... asking to change the user's homepage, do other things etc.. promising me 10 cents per download, and being a poor university student at the time.. with all the downloads it was getting I jumped on it. They also got several other high download freeware programs to use their installer (none made in BB as far as I know). Of course when it came time to pay up they never did.

jd269(Posted 2004) [#4]
Figured it out.. apparently there are some slight color differences between Win95 (which I originally made MeteorMash on) and WinXP which I use now. My masking color for the graphics was 8,0,0, but when I used the eyedropper for some reason it's 12,2,4 now. Don't know why it was masking fullscreen before with the wrong masking color.

GfK(Posted 2004) [#5]
probably the old 16/32-bit colour depth thing...

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#6]
The best way to deal with this is to plot a hidden pixel of the colour you want, read it with GetColor/ReadPixel, and use the returned value/s instead...