No more Blitz for BELRO

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/No more Blitz for BELRO

3DBuzzFan(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi guys.
No more games will be written in Blitz3D or BlitzPlus for BELRO.
People working on games already can continue developping, but no new games will be accepted in B3D or B+.
BELRO is no longer accepting games written in Blitz.

/R

Tracer(Posted 2004) [#2]
Your loose i guess. Good luck in the future.

Tracer

3DBuzzFan(Posted 2004) [#3]
"Your loose i guess"

I know, Tracer.
You bet.

But there are things just as important as a good language/cmpiler. And that is no longer there.

I have seen your work, Tracer.
I know that you are a very good 3d programmer.
I have one little piece of advice to you:

Being a good programmer, which I know that you are, always believe in opportunities that may come from forums.
My life has changed, about 6 years ago, when I have been given the opportunity to work for a very nice companny.
The trick was very simple: I have protected my demos.
It was that easy.

I see a great future for you in the 3D industry.
And sooner or later, someone will end up finding you here and making a good proposal.
They will probably ask for some demo, and they will specify what they need, so that they know if you really can do what they need.
I did that.
I just had to protect my code.

If I did not believe that opportunity, I would be working with databases or something like that right now.
It's so simple...

I am sad, because you were convinced by other people that I am trying to steal stuff from people.
Believe me... the guys who are working with us know how to protect their stuff.

I just got very said because you, of all people, one of the best programmers around here... man... that really hit me very hard.

Sorry.

/R

Tracer(Posted 2004) [#4]
Oh, i wasn't convinced of anything by anyone on this topic Rui, but i have over the years gone a little 'bitter' on the publishing market due to a few things that happened.

I simply cannot comment on what you say you do is true or not, i don't know you or your company.

My normal work is nowhere near related to computer games or anything, i code for a hobby, and only if i have time.

Doesn't mean i am not curious :) I have nothing against you or your company.. i am sure, most people here think the same.

There's a few things that you need to learn as a publisher..

1) NEVER try to hire people without giving them a contract, promises are one thing, but following through on them is very important, otherwise, as you have found out, you're going to end up in crappy situations like the one your other thread turned into.

2) Give the people you hire NDA's, immidiately, this way you won't end up in situations where everybody blabs around about your business or disclose sensitive information about your products and sales and such.

3) ALWAYS be professional, ALWAYS.. that really should be rule #1 :) Explosions like you did on the other thread, is bad for business, simple as that.. treat people professionally, and they will (mostly) treat you back in a better way.

4) People ask for proof, provide it. If, in your case, what you say is true, you should be able to provide some form of proof i assume.. so, do that, that too doesn't hurt your business.. it makes no difference if you have to disclose a business address or a tax code, this stuff is readily available from a variety of sources around the world for those who really want to find it.

As i said, i wish you luck on your venture, and i mean that. Please, reconsider your decision to drop Blitz software completely, as there is a LOT of talent around these forums, and Blitz (Research) deserves any support it can get.. keep your business over e-mail, snail mail and your own forums but not public forums like these, there's always going to be people trying to shoot you down, for whatever reason they have, legitimate or not. Forums like these should be used for reqruitement purposes (Find the oppertunity, contact them, move the convo to other means than this forum) only, not business.

Tracer

Hansie(Posted 2004) [#5]
@rui

Now, you stupid wanna-be-programmers, go somewhere learn how easy it is to protect your code

That's the statement of a sincere professional ;-)

I rest my case

You will not be missed, Rui