any working GUI designers?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/any working GUI designers?

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#1]
I absolutely love XLnt ii but I can't use it for a current project.

The only GUI designer listed on this site is GUIde. Unfortunately, one cannot actually try this out since the demo version does not export code. And I do not feel like buying something unless I can try it out and see if it actually works properly.

I am aware of Lee's GUI designer, but as pointed out long ago, it does not support tabs. I generally always use the VB to Blitz Plus converter, but it does not support tabs either.

Seems like there were a couple of other GUI designers released a while back, does anybody have names and links for them?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#2]
GUIde works well (for BlitzPlus). It supports tabs very nicely (I badgered Wiebo until he got it just right :P). And, I'm sure if you e-mailed Wiebo (or mentioned it on the GUIde forum), he would provide you with some example output code.

The other one to look at is BlitzVision:
http://www.reelmediaproductions.com/blitzvision/

I've tried most of the others and a lot are half measures.

Wiebo(Posted 2004) [#3]
Here is a test output from GUIde: http://members.home.nl/wdw/guide/codetest.txt
You'll notice it supports tabs just nicely.

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#4]
Wiebo: TY kind sir :c)

Anybody considering Blitz Vision, DON'T. It is really outdated and does not support additions and improvements to Blitz Plus made since 1.11. Actually I was surprised because his GUI designers for other products have been rather nice.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thats odd, cos it specifically mentions v1.11 on the website.

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#6]
Thats odd, cos it specifically mentions v1.11 on the website.
Unfortunately that is the problem. It does not support things like:

gadget fonts
Text area formatting
Iconstrips

A GUI designer that does not support all the GUI capabilities of the language it is intended for severely limits its usability. (my opinion only)

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#7]
I agree, it's not like B+ has a huge wealth, on the built-in gadgets front, in the first place.

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#8]
No biggie, after being unable to get XLnt ii working I gave up and am using a hybrid of my own gui and Blitz+'s gui.