So is anyone?...

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/So is anyone?...

locoHost(Posted 2004) [#1]
...loading a Mappy map into a canvas? I'm trying and getting a Windows error. Shuts down the game. The map loads fine if I skip the gadgets and do a grphics only screen.

Have you seen this error?

Thanks for any advice :-)

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#2]
just posting so you dont feel ignored. can't help ya as I use tile studio exclusively. Sorry I can't help ya :c/

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#3]
I would do a quick search for all the buffer commands and make sure it isn't sending stuff to the wrong buffer.

locoHost(Posted 2004) [#4]
@White Eagle
I installed TS last night. Messed with it for a while. TS is pretty cool but Mappy is -way- easier.

@MasterBeaker
Thanks, I'll check that tonight.

Do more Blitz+ coders use Mappy or TS?

slewrate(Posted 2005) [#5]
i had the same problem today....i tried to display a mappy map in a window(canvas)... i got an error msg saying 'not in graphics mode'...so i tried to change the SetBuffer Backbuffer() line in Mappybb.bb (which causes the error) but it didn't work ..infact i got the same error msg again ...

Kevin_(Posted 2005) [#6]
So is anyone?...

LocoHost...

I would have replied sooner but the title of your post didn't mean anything. Don't you think that if you changed the title to something like...

"Problems with loading Mappy files into a canvas"

you would have got a better response?

Anyway, I do know the problem you are having because I have had it before. But I am not going to tell you how to solve it because of the silly title of your post. Good luck :)