email attchments?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/email attchments?

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#1]
I am scratching my head over this one. I am working on a PBEM game in BlitzPlus (actually porting an old VB PBEM to B+). I know how to start the default email client with BlitzPlus, start a new message, and address it and put a subject and body in there, however, how do I make it start with an attachment for the email?

I have searched around trying to find a solution to this, but I am stumped. Anybody have any advice?

Seldon(Posted 2004) [#2]
Search for UUEncode/Decode functions somewhere on Internet. Basically they make any file as an ASCII-file to be sent as text via e-mail.

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#3]
I thought you were a purebasic purist now? :)

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#4]
Basically they make any file as an ASCII-file to be sent as text via e-mail.
unfortunately, that would not work too well for a PBEM.

I thought you were a purebasic purist now? :)
Dunno when I said that ;c) For apps, PB has replaced C++ Builder for me, and PB is fast as can be, and great for DLLs. As far as gaming languages, for 2D, PB beats IBasic, RapidQ, DarkBASIC, DX-Creator, Dings and a few others hands down in performance and commandset. None of those guys behind those "gaming" languages know beans about gaming. But PB uses DirectDraw which I am not fond of. Ever since Mark kept his word and gave the update to Blitz that brought the "native graphics driver", and "OpenGL Driver", I enjoy doing 2D without the bloat of DX and having greater system compatibility. Even with DX in B+, compatibility is not an issue ;c) BlitzPlus is still a tad slower in the logic area than PureBasic, but its a relatively negligible amount ;c) Depends on the game as to which I would use, will definitely be some PB games for sure, but likely most will be BlitzPlus. The big drawback for PB is you cannot use the gui system with a 2D game, like you can with BP.

Seldon(Posted 2004) [#5]
That's ok, I don't know what a PBEM is.

Are you sure PB can't open a GUI in a 2D game ? Neither if you use the OpenWindowScreen() command?

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#6]
Seldon, Thanks a million dude. Very new to PB, I misread that command ;c)