best 2D game in blitzBasic or BlitzPlus?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/best 2D game in blitzBasic or BlitzPlus?

Dan60(Posted 2004) [#1]
Whats the best 2D game in blitzBasic or BlitzPlus?
Include link to it.

If you think your game is pretty good leave a link here. I'll check it out.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#2]
http://delidash.acsv.net
:)

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#3]
A lot of people think Platypus is one of the best. It sure looks pretty.

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#4]
It's not the most graphically impressive game out there but it does well what it does :)
Pitfall II

EOF(Posted 2004) [#5]
Another magnificent remake in Blitz2D - Bruce Lee

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2004) [#6]
WolRon - love your pitfall 2 but its starting to annoy me -
can't get past the scorpion on the lower level- don't seem to be able to jump high enough and can't find a way past the frog jumping over the ladder. Am I supposed to somehow jump down the hole and grab the ladder?

Ever heard of 'abnormal faction' on the C64? very similar to pitfall 2 and a good game in its own right.

WoeIsMe(Posted 2004) [#7]
Damnit! I was going to buy platypus, so I looked at the specs. Firstly I saw it runs on Windows 95. Which is good, 'cos that's what my current machine runs on. But then I saw it required a pentium 3!

I need a new machine :(

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#8]
@RAM

Jumping scorpions takes practice. Get the timing right. Make sure you are running when you jump. That's all I can say about that.

You can't jump over a frog that's jumping over a ladder, but you climb down the ladder while the frog is on the other side (and then climb back up once the frog has jumped over you). Make sure you press down before you get to the ladder or else you will fall through.

Read the readme file for more info.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2004) [#9]
Thanks Wolron - I think this could take some time!

RiK(Posted 2004) [#10]
Platypus. No doubt about it, the best game done in Blitz 2d.

Réno(Posted 2004) [#11]
Is Platypus coded with 3D in 2D or real 2D ???

Anthony Flack(Posted 2004) [#12]
Real 2d - I made it before Blitz 3d came out (although it wasn't finished until a bit later). It was actually written with Blitz2d v1.5-ish.

But then I saw it required a pentium 3!

Well, don't quote me on that, I don't know if that's true or not - it might just be Idigicon's standard "minimum specs" spiel. I don't think the load on the processor should be very much. You will however need a reasonable graphics card because there are a lot of big sprites being thrown at the screen.

Hansie(Posted 2004) [#13]
@all

I never tried Platypus before, but it looked great. So I spent the last hour or so playing it. it's not bad at all, although because of the low resolution in the game, the objects and the controlship seem a bit large. a good game nevertheless.

leeluna(Posted 2004) [#14]
The Manic Miner remake in the miscellaneous section of the code archives is brilliant!!!. It brings back the same level of frustration as it did 15 years ago on the zx spectrum.

My reflexes must be shot now as I can not get past level four without cheating. :(

Luna

Pongo(Posted 2004) [#15]
Platypus get's my vote even though I've only played the demo,... can't wait for Cletus though (taps fingers on desk)

For the record, I played the Platypus demo on a P2 400 Mhz machine with a GeForce 2 card with no issues, so it will play on a lower system.