any way to prevent this?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/any way to prevent this?

Kuron(Posted 2003) [#1]
Is there any way to prevent the exit crash when using the OGL drivers full screen with Blitz Plus?

soja(Posted 2003) [#2]
I've never used OpenGL with Blitz (I wonder how many people have), but I do remember always getting a crash on exit when calling a certain function in msvcrt.dll. Maybe the problem is related for some reason.

At any rate, to avoid the crash, all I had to do was make sure that the program terminates with the End command. It's just a guess, but maybe it will work in your case too.

Drago(Posted 2003) [#3]
what is the error message, since I know I had to add a kilglwindow command to close the gl window for blitzgl or it would crash on some peoples machines.

Kuron(Posted 2003) [#4]
I was referring to the OGL support (driver) built into B+ itself.

I would have sworn I saw a workaround for this, but since the forum purge and the search being broken, I can't find it :c(

soja(Posted 2003) [#5]
Perhaps if you gave the thread a more precise title, someone might notice and come to the rescue.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#6]
The opengl portion of B+ 's native commands is not considered stable at the moment.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#7]
Is there any way to prevent the exit crash when using the OGL drivers full screen with Blitz Plus?

ROFL!

Mr Brine(Posted 2003) [#8]
Yo!

Has to be said I didn't even know u could use open gl drivers with blitz+, how do you do it?

Mr Brine

xlsior(Posted 2003) [#9]
You can switch drivers with the following commands:

CountGfxDrivers()
GfxDriverName$()
SetGfxDriver

If your computer supports it, OpenGL will be listed as one of the options.