BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Error message

Paul A. B.(Posted 2003) [#1]
Wheneber I try to run a game or any program , Iget this error report
I sent it to MS
Now What?
They didnt do anything yet!

CS_TBL(Posted 2003) [#2]
MS :) what did you expect ? :)

But uhm, if my win98 pc is running for a while, then sometimes I can't run any blitz+ app (even not compiled exes), I get the standard 'this program has performed an illegal ... blah' dialog.

Even something simple as Notify "crap" in B+ generates this error. After a reboot everything is back to normal again..

Is this the same as your error ?

FlameDuck(Posted 2003) [#3]
Wheneber I try to run a game or any program , Iget this error report
Which error report would that be then?

Paul A. B.(Posted 2003) [#4]
no , its not really the same error report, and the error report says blitzcc.exe has encountered a problem, sorry for the inconvience, and how they made an error report to send to MS and blah blah blah

soja(Posted 2003) [#5]
He's saying that it crashes. The error report is Windows recognizing an unexpected return code and asking whether to send debug information to Microsoft.

Anyway, it sounds strange. Use an antivirus program with the latest definitions to look for a virus on your machine.

Paul A. B.(Posted 2003) [#6]
Thanx. I am going to scan my computer for viruses now

Paul A. B.(Posted 2003) [#7]
THe antivirus didnt help.
Thanx anyway.
Anymore suggestions?

soja(Posted 2003) [#8]
does it do that with blitz programs only? only programs run from inside the blitz ide or also exes generated by blitz? perhaps try reinstalling blitz and re-applying the update...

Paul A. B.(Posted 2003) [#9]
How will I reinstall it without having to pay another 60 bucks?
And by the way, the problem only occurs in my BlitzBasic.

Paul A. B.(Posted 2003) [#10]
Is there a place where I can re install BlitzBasic?

GfK(Posted 2003) [#11]
Is there a place where I can re install BlitzBasic?
????

Use the installer that you downloaded the first time?? You *did* keep a copy of it in a safe place, right?

Aside from the fact that reinstalling it isn't going to help, you need to upgrade to or reinstall the latest version of DirectX, then check your hardware drivers (particularly graphics and soundcard).