BlitzBasic demo examples break with updates

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/BlitzBasic demo examples break with updates

ralawrence(Posted 2003) [#1]
After upgrading to the latest version of BB, nearly all the demo programs bundled with it cease to run with various errors.

On closer examination it looks like the syntax has changed from version to version and hence, they've stopped working.

Does anyone know whether these have been cleaned up for later versions of BB or will I have to do it manually?

Thanks.

Ziltch(Posted 2003) [#2]
Could you give an example program name?

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2003) [#3]
The samples from the original Blitz Basic or Blitz 3d won't work as there were syntax changes. However, I'm pretty sure all the supplied examples with BlitzPlus were tested beforehand, so I'd be interested to see which ones are broken.

If it's Blitz2d->BlitzPlus code conversion you're after, look at the appendix of the User Guide for the lowdown on what has changed, and some hints on how to migrate code.

FlameDuck(Posted 2003) [#4]
On closer examination it looks like the syntax has changed from version to version and hence, they've stopped working.
Actually only the sound commands have changed. On my website, I think I have updated versions of all my examples (for Blitz2D, I'm 'working' [well kinda working] on BlitzPlus versions).

Clyde(Posted 2003) [#5]
Thanks for your findings mate!!

ralawrence(Posted 2003) [#6]
Mikkel, you're right. I did a quick test last night and came up with the following:

GalaxyBlitz = illegal type conversion.

Aristoids = function 'pausesound' not found.

BlitzDicey, Oldskool, Pairs and SuperMIv0.9a = function 'musicplaying' not found.

Gp2 = function 'soundplaying' not found.