Blitz+ on Systems without a GraphicCard (etc. Terminalservers)

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Blitz+ on Systems without a GraphicCard (etc. Terminalservers)

Acid(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hav u ever try to compile a programm for a Webserver without a graphics card or an PC/server into a terminalsession etc?

- It wanīt work ::((

any ideas??

(Sorry about my bad english :))

FlameDuck(Posted 2003) [#2]
Use Python?

Acid(Posted 2003) [#3]
sorry, but i donīt understand ??? I should use Python with blitz + ????

FlameDuck(Posted 2003) [#4]
No. I was joking. Use Pythin instead of BlitzPlus. BlitzPlus requires DirectX. I don't know for sure, but it seems DirectX might require a graphics card present. If you're sure it's the missing graphics card that's the problem, that is. There might be other factors, but not having a graphics card would prevent you from seeing exactly what's failing.

Acid(Posted 2003) [#5]
i have already installed directx 9.0b on the server but there it was not able to activate direct 3d.

There is also no way to run blitz plus into a terminal session or a computer without a graca!?

F§%$!!!

Can i give blitz + back *g* then i have no need for it. sh$%

FlameDuck(Posted 2003) [#6]
i have already installed directx 9.0b on the server but there it was not able to activate direct 3d.
That's definately not the issue here. BlitzPlus doesn't need Direct3D.

RaGR+(Posted 2003) [#7]
;-

_Skully(Posted 2003) [#8]
You cant even use Print commands to the console? I mean you will not be able to use the text command thats a given.

Skully

cbmeeks(Posted 2003) [#9]
Or, you could buy a video card for $4.00 and put it into the webserver?

I'm all for B+ being used in the "professional business" world but come on people...Blitz is for GAMES!

cb