trueSpace plugins

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/trueSpace plugins

GregH(Posted 2003) [#1]
I've been looking into the possibility of creating plugins for trueSpace using Blitz+ or Blitz3D. A trueSpace plugin .TSX is nothing more than a renamed .DLL file created to the specifications of the Caligari SDK. I'm leaning toward Blitz+ because of the GUI. Does anyone with experience know if this may even be feasable? Currently there is support for C++, Delphi, and Visual Basic. Having an SDK supporting Blitz may be of benefit to the community. I will continue to pursue this on my own, yet any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Perturbatio(Posted 2003) [#2]
Does B+ allow you to create DLLs? if not, then you have no hope of creating one.

GregH(Posted 2003) [#3]
I have hope on two fronts. Years ago I wrote code for DOS to create object modules. I was thinking two things. First if Mark Sibly reads this, I'll make a plug for Object or DLL creation in BlitzMax, otherwise I may work on adding a LIB for Blitz+ which would work as a stand alone precompiler for Blitz+ which would compile Object modules.

Seems the added functionality to create DLLs in Blitz would greatly extend the spread of Blitz+ in the Windows world : ) I am so thankful to Mark for bringing back the Hobby of a simple compiler to Windows. No one in the United States was willing to break the Microsoft mold of unneeded complexity and the creation of new terminology to describe the same things we always knew. "Sorry for the Old Skool philosophical rant."

I would really like to use Blitz+/Blitz3D to create DLLs to add functionality to Blitz using Blitz effectively severing all ties to Microsoft.

PS. Back in 94 watching the demise of the Amiga, my sadness came from loosing a great compiler in Blitz and having to resort to VB or C++ for Windows 3.x

Greg