Really Weird HTMLView Problem

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Really Weird HTMLView Problem

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#1]
I'm using a large HTMLView window in my BlitzPlus application, and I'm pointing it to a local HTML file I write to from the application.

Most testers have it working great. But one cannot see the text I write to it. It's a simple HTML page, with a fixed picture background and a bit of css for colour. Nothing fancy. But one guy can't see any text over the background.

I know what you're thinking.. old version of ie, something wrong with the browser, it doesn't support css, etc,etc. BUT, if he quits the app and opens the page it's created in IE, it shows up just great.

So why would it possibly show up in IE but not in BP when BP is *using* the IE engine?? Does BlitzPlus have some kind of minimum IE requirement in order to work properly?

EDIT : The user has now updated to IE 5.5 and still cannot get it to show, so it's evidently NOT an IE minimum requirement. Several other testers are also still using IE 5.5 and they don't have any problem.

Kevin_(Posted 2003) [#2]
If all else fails then the best solution in my opinion is to simulate the problem. But before you do that, do the following...

Ask this persion if you can view his desktop (remotely) so you can see the output for yourself.

Do that first then post your findings here. I'll try and help further.

Regards

rdodson41(Posted 2003) [#3]
It could also just be a bug in the code. Try posting the code. I can tell you that some of my apps work on some computers and not on others.
Hope it helps.

-Rich05

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#4]
It's not a bug in the code.

I haven't been able to speak to the tester since, but he did tell me that he could see the background picture, just none of the text that gets added over the top. Skidracer has suggested I try a couple of meta tags to ensure that the page is not being cached, so I will try that when I next speak to the tester who's having the problem.