Help For making Web Browser

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Help For making Web Browser

rdodson41(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hiya. I'm making a web-browser for B+. I have all the back, forward, reload buttons and the url textfield. Everything works, except that when a link is clicked, there is no function(s) that allow me to put the url of the current web page in the url field. Is there any "CurrentUrl" function? If not, can anyone tell me a good way to make one? Please help me so that i can finish RichNet.

rdodson41(Posted 2003) [#2]
Would you have to make a userlib function for this? Or can it just not be done?

Please help me. I really want to finish my browser.

-Rich05

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#3]
I think you may have to use a userlib, even then I'm not sure it's possible.

Eikon(Posted 2003) [#4]
Link's that open to new pages open up in IE dont they? Has anyone got that worked out?

rdodson41(Posted 2003) [#5]
"...open up in IE dont they..."

What is IE?

Please help.
-Rich05

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#6]
Internet Explorer

rdodson41(Posted 2003) [#7]
Oh i see. No they dont, it stays in the HTML view eikon. But I can't find a way to get the new url into the url field.

-Rich05

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#8]
You can't get the current url if the url changes. Mark has said that he intends to add these features but that the way the Internet Explorer commands work is really awkward.

Alos it DOES open in Internet Explorer if you shift click a link/ right click + open in new window/ the link contains a target (at least it did last time I tried)

rdodson41(Posted 2003) [#9]
You're right they do open up in IE. I just tried it.
But I do hope that they add some new commands to B+ for HTML. The current selection is kind of limited.

Thx to all.
-Rich05

Todd(Posted 2003) [#10]
Actually, I'm pretty sure there's already a way to do this using userlibs. The HtmlView is actually an 'Internet Explorer_Server' gadget. Someone here that knows more about Win32 Api might be able to help? I'm still looking because this would be a nice feature for a lot of people to have.

rdodson41(Posted 2003) [#11]
I agree, it would be helpful. Does anyone know where or who can teach me about userlibs? They're just way over my head.

-Rich05

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#12]
I would really like to be able to hijack HTML links to trigger events in B+.

rdodson41(Posted 2003) [#13]
That, would be awesome. The possibilities are endless there. I don't want to think of what the stuff that you could trick people into when they click a link. =)

-Rich05

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#14]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/bbs/posts.php?topic=23899