Spinner gadget?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Spinner gadget?

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#1]
This is the box with the two arrows you use to increase or decrease a number in just about every windows app there is. There isn't any way to make one of these, is there?

Someone pointed out a while ago that you can squash a listbox and put numbers in it. However, when you scroll the numbers with the button on the side, you don't actually select anything.

WendellM(Posted 2003) [#2]
You seek the excellent XLnt II GUI which has that plus much more.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#3]
That's just a bad, wrong answer to my question.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#4]
You can make one quite easily using a slider gadget next to (or inside, i forget which) a textfield gadget. I use them in FONText, very nice looking.

WendellM(Posted 2003) [#5]
a bad, wrong answer

Hmm, Yappy already did it, makes the code available for your download/inspection for free (though he does ask you to register it for $15 if you use it for commercial games), and that's wrong?

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#6]
WendelM - he is asking in a BlitzPlus forum, so its safe to assume he is refering to BlitzPlus GUI stuff. :)

WendellM(Posted 2003) [#7]
Yeah, I realized that too late <sigh>. Sorry, Halo... <weak grin>

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#8]
No problem.

I am referring to the box with two small buttons next to it. Open PSP and go to "Resize" to see what I mean.

You can't use sliders when your range to precision ratio is huge. If I have a range anywhere from 3 to 64 and want to be able to set the value to any integer in between, there's no way to fit a slider into a 100-pixel-wide space.

I'll also add that this can't be made with buttons, because it needs to be updated while you are holding the button down.

I was really surprised that this was left out of the initial release.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#9]
Are you always a pillock?

Do you mean like this?:

Yappy(Posted 2003) [#10]
lol@pillock

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#11]
I can't understand you unless you speak correct American English.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#12]
correct American English.

An oxymoron surely?

Russell(Posted 2003) [#13]
Ha! Good one... ;)

Still, a proper spinner gadget in B+ could be useful...

Russell