Woah!

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Woah!

Murilo(Posted 2003) [#1]
I just had my first real problem with Blitz (at least I assume it was down to Blitz). I was happily play testing my game with my 3 year old daughter, with Emily on joypad and myself on keyboard. All of a sudden, the game dropped out and XP threw up a blue screen saying it needed to shut down immediately (or words to that effect).

It all happened so quickly that I didn't really get a chance to work out what had happened. The blue screen had a page full of text on it, but I only caught the first sentence. Anyone else ever seen this in XP (sp1)?

Emily's in bed now, but you can bet your bottom dollar she'll be play testing again with me tomorrow (as soon as she's out of play group). Scary stuff...

skidracer(Posted 2003) [#2]
On reboot did XP inform you of the device responsible for the meltdown? For me (and my c++ work) it will sometimes blame the graphics card driver if I manage to lock up my system with a locked surface and pop up a friendly requester on reboot with a link to a non existant error report.

Murilo(Posted 2003) [#3]
Not that I noticed. I am using the 45.23 Nvidia drivers, but I've never had any problems (Blitz or otherwise) before.

Leon Brown(Posted 2003) [#4]
It could have been something outside of Blitz that occured at the same time as you ran your Blitz program. Have you checked running the game again?

Murilo(Posted 2003) [#5]
I've been running it in short bursts, but I'm going to try to recreate the problem tomorrow. I just wondered if anyone else had experience this or anything similar...

Murilo(Posted 2003) [#6]
Update: I have not had this happen since, so I'll put it down to being an WinXP anomaly.