Graphics mode 3

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Graphics mode 3

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#1]
I opened up a old b2b project and noticed when I select the scaled graphics mode I am not able to change the size. In b2b I can stretch the window to a larger size.

What can I do to get my 320*240 graphics screen larger in windowed mode?

I can rescale the images but this would involve some messy coding. I only need a larger screen for debugging.

thnx

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#2]
Hmm, grabimage slows my pc down to 4 fps. lol :) (dynamic mode 2)

edit - Mark, I think you should consider selling a package with b+ and b2d. B2d seems to have the upper hand for coding 2d games. At least for beginners/novices like me.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2003) [#3]
You need to create a proper Blitz+ window, and draw everything to a canvas to replicate Blitz2d behaviour. I'm thinking of writing a tutorial over the weekend to cover this oft asked question...

Essentially create a window that is resizable, and is sized according to the inside area (one of the flags). Create a canvas on that window, sized at the same size as the inner area, and use the SetGadgetShape command to make it stretchy with the window. A stretchy canvas retains the same buffer size it was created, but stretches the output. Draw everything to that canvasbuffer, handle the window close event, and hey presto, a B2d alike window.

If that makes no sense - wait for the tut. ;-)

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#4]
Ok, thanks for responding. I was aware I could use the canvas in fullscreen but wanted to keep the code as close to b2d as possible.

I have added a window+canvas in fullscreen and it worked like a charm.