Screen saver preview

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Screen saver preview

DrMartin(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi everybody

I've made a screen saver, and now I'm trying to draw on the little preview window in the screen saver settings dialog. When Windows initiates the preview it starts the screen saver in question and passes the command line parameter "/p ####" where #### is a handle for the preview window.
I've played around a little with canvasbuffer() and queryobject() but no luck. Has anybody else tried this or know a way to get a "preview window buffer"?

Thanks in advance!

--
Martin Gunnarsson

Spot-Nothing(Posted 2003) [#2]
looks like a feature which isn't easy to do. i'm looking for a solution for this specific problem since days, too. let's hope someone can find a solution for our problem :)

Richard Betson(Posted 2003) [#3]
I'm planning to whip up a screensaver shell and post it in the code archives. Complete with preview window. Check the archives later. :)

l8r,

Spot-Nothing(Posted 2003) [#4]
oh great! thanks for helping ... i'll check the forum every now and then and i'll test your code to give you feedback.

DrMartin(Posted 2003) [#5]
Yes, that sounds good! But you don't have a solution for the preview window righ now? In Visual basic you just grab the handle and draw, very easy.

MagicalTux(Posted 2003) [#6]
I guess we would need an inverse function of QueryObject ...

Create a canvas from HWXX stuff (can't remember the letters)

Until we can do that, it's not possible to use the preview window