no icon

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/no icon

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#1]
I just purchased BlitzPlus and realized something which is not apparent from the demo. There is no longer a default icon (ie. the rocket when you compile a standalone exe.) This is problematic for me because the tool I use to change exe icons, IconForge, looks for the existing icon in order to change it.

This is particularly annoying to me because I was planning to release my game as shareware by the end of the day; I wrote the game in Blitz2D, used the BlitzPlus demo to make a few needed changes to the code, and then purchased BlitzPlus in order to compile a version with a lower DirectX requirement than from Blitz2D. Without cutomizing the icon however I'll have to postpone (again, sigh.)

LAB[au](Posted 2003) [#2]
use resource hacker
http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/

you can replace your compiled exe's icon with it.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#3]
The reason I use IconForge is because I have not had much luck using Resource Hacker (by itself anyway.) I did find, just before seeing your post, that I can add an icon using Resource Hacker and IconForge in combination. This is a pretty kludgy workflow and so I still wonder why there is no longer a default icon for compiled programs. However now I don't have to postpone my release.

Hotcakes(Posted 2003) [#4]
Probably because he's sick to death of that crappy old rocket icon, like I am <grin>

Everyone always follows suit with me, in my little world <la la la>