Somthing I discovered

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Somthing I discovered

Mr Brine(Posted 2003) [#1]
Dont know if this one is hidden away in the blitz docs somewhere or not, if it is I didn't know about it.

defining a number; if you place a % symbol before the number the value is defined as binary ie

local egg = %11111111 = 255

etc

Brine

GfK(Posted 2003) [#2]
That's the way binary has been represented in practically every programming language since the dawn of time.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#3]
I think it could be better documented though. It took me a while to find the hex # - since I had previously used & to denote hex.

I'm not sure that the docs mentions this at all, hmm...

Hotcakes(Posted 2003) [#4]
It -IS- mentioned somewhere in the 'tutorial' sections of the docs... but it's bloody hard to find. Probably should have a small section in the command reference for it I reckon. Add a new section under Scancodes or something.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#5]
It should be in with the other maths functions I suppose.

GfK(Posted 2003) [#6]
I think it could be better documented though.
The BlitzPlus documentation could be better. End of.

Mr Brine(Posted 2003) [#7]
Message to GFK:

Im fairly certain blitz 2d did not support the % thingy (or a $ jobber for that) (although I aint sure) hence the mention, Ive been using the the % thingy scince my amiga 68000 assembler dayz :-)

Regarding the Blitz Docs (my 2 pennys worth)

They seriously need rewriting, I suggest the doc writers take a long hard look at a good programming book and take notes on structure and content. (No insult meant to blitz docs people!)

GfK(Posted 2003) [#8]
Im fairly certain blitz 2d did not support the % thingy
It did. So does Blitz3D. :)
Regarding the Blitz Docs (my 2 pennys worth)

They seriously need rewriting
Not necessarily rewriting - but a lot of the commands explanation needs expanding upon somewhat, be it through example code, recommendations for use/implementation or whatever.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#9]
Hmm, I guess I can't really complain without volunteering!

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#10]
When I talk about hex #, um, I mean of course, hex $, heh...