Types

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Types

cermit(Posted 2003) [#1]
I have a little problem with types, there is no problem with creating them but how to place each of the same type into specified areas. I need this so the player cant walk into any objects. And I have seen the tutorial.

Thanks for any help =)

Oldefoxx(Posted 2003) [#2]
Can you supply some example code to show what you are trying to do, or give a more detailed example? TYPE works a bit differently in Blitz than in some other languages
(you cannot DIM a table or array of TYPE here), but it is
still basically a template to show the layout involved with an object and where different FIELD elements are placed.

When you want to move data from one object to another, you basically need to refer to the active object\field name in each to make the transistion. Your coordinates for your
object define where it is on the screen, and can be used to help determine if two objects are attempting to reside in the same space. But Blitz provides tools, such as collision detection, to find when and where objects meet each other as well.

GitTech(Posted 2003) [#3]

(you cannot DIM a table or array of TYPE here)

Why not???

Type TExample
	Field value
End Type

Dim array.TExample(10)

array(1)=New TExample
array(1)\value=10

Print array(1)\value

cermit(Posted 2003) [#4]
Sorry bothering you i found a solution
thanks anyway

Oldefoxx(Posted 2003) [#5]
I appreciate the information and example provided concerning using TYPES with ARRAYS. It was not apparent,
and my efforts along that line resulted in errors that
inclined me to believe it could not be done. So I stand
corrected, and appreciate your taking the time to provide
a working example.

I anticipated the use of array(n)\fieldname, but failed to
find any clue as to how to dimension it (some other BASICs would do a DIM array(10) as TExample). Unfortunately, the
Command References do a minimialistic job when it comes to
desrcribing how some statements might be used, and the
examples offered tend to be rudimentary. Mapping fields into arrays using TYPE is a very powerful feature, so I am
very glad to see that it is possible.