MaximizeWindow problems..

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/MaximizeWindow problems..

Odds On(Posted 2003) [#1]
When I use MaximizeWindow on a window with no flags it makes the window fill the desktop (including the startbar). Is there any way around this? or do I need to make a DLL that can return the width and height of the desktop (minus the startbar) and then resize the window manually?

soja(Posted 2003) [#2]
Mine doesn't seem to do that... do you have autohide turned on for the taskbar? Are you running some funky shell? (I tested it in WinXP.)

Odds On(Posted 2003) [#3]
Nope, no autohide or anything and I'm running the standard WinXP theme. Here's some simple test code to show the problem:
win = CreateWindow( "", 0, 0, 400, 300, 0, 0 ) MaximizeWindow win  While Not KeyHit(1) Wend End

soja(Posted 2003) [#4]
Oh, I see. I read "...MaximizeWindow (on a window) with no flags...", not "...MaximizeWindow (on a window with no flags)..." as you meant it. Duh.

Anyway, yeah I get the same behavior now. In fact, I've found that for a window to use the Desktop Client Coordinates (no taskbar) when it's maximized, it has to have at least a titlebar and be resizeable.

So you're probably correct with your first assumption (except that you don't need to make the DLL, just use the functions in user32.dll).