Close X Button disappeared under v1.34, why?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Close X Button disappeared under v1.34, why?

Sin of Nature(Posted 2003) [#1]
The Close X Button(top right corner) seems to have been removed under v1.34, why?

Sin

Wiebo(Posted 2003) [#2]
no it hasn't. Are you sure you're not creating the windows with the 'no X' flag?

Red(Posted 2003) [#3]
Can you give us an source example?

Sin of Nature(Posted 2003) [#4]
I wrote a game called Killer Tomato's with version 1.10. It had the X button. I then updated the Blitz Plus, run the same source code and now there is no X button. It's the same for any project I make under version 1.34. Also, does it on my works machine.

Here's a simply example:

Graphics 640,480,16,2
Waitkey()

OR

Graphics 640,480,16 (Debug mode on)
Waitkey()

Now, that used to be enough. Something I'm missing?

Sin

skn3(Posted 2003) [#5]
no it hasn't. Are you sure you're not creating the windows with the 'no X' flag?

What .. how ?? what is the flag to do this ?

Zster(Posted 2003) [#6]
What .. how ?? what is the flag to do this ?

Make a window with a 0 flag (no title bar thefore no x button)
Ps hoe do you get that italic effect with the lighter background in your posts?

Wiebo(Posted 2003) [#7]
Also, how can you expect a X when you do open a normal graphics screen, and not a window?

skn3(Posted 2003) [#8]
Make a window with a 0 flag (no title bar thefore no x button)

Yeha, course you can do that. I was thinking how to do a window with a title, but no close button.

to do quotes (lighter italic text) use

{quote}some text here{/quote}

replace { with [
and } with ]

[edit]
whoops

Russell(Posted 2003) [#9]
Shouldn't it be:
{quote}some text here{/quote} (Not {/text})

Of course, replace { and } with [ and ]

Russell

Sin of Nature(Posted 2003) [#10]
Wiebo, the ,2 means windowed mode.

Graphics 640,480,16,2
Waitkey()

Iain

Wiebo(Posted 2003) [#11]
Ahum. ok =] But opening a windowed graphics mode (which NEVER shows a X ) is not like creating a window gadget (which I presumed you did, as you posted this in the blitz+ forum, and not the 2d forum) so I was mistaken, sorry.

cyberseth(Posted 2003) [#12]
Windowed Graphics mode used to have an X, in BlitzPlus 1.11 and it does in Blitz3D.

The reason why it doesn't now is because of the event-driven system of BlitzPlus. Users were complaining that because full-screen (Graphics mode) games written in BlitzPlus didn't bother having WaitEvent, there was no event handling for the X button so it was impossible to close the window, you couldn't even click the "End" button on the debug window!! Therefore, Mark took out the X button altogether.

The good side is that now you can click the End button on the debug window to close your game in debug mode. But it is assumed that if you want to have windowed games, you should use a window gadget and a canvas. It gives you much more control.

That's your answer, like it or lump it.

Sin of Nature(Posted 2003) [#13]
A mention in the Revision Notes would have been nice (or have I missed it?). Just making sure I wasnt the only one who'd noticed this.

Thanks

Sin

Ps Wrong again Wiebo, Windowed Graphics mode DID have an X box under v1.11. I can safely say I didnt imagine it.

Wiebo(Posted 2003) [#14]
yeah well, just goes to show I never use the x to close a blitz program